His Mansion on Instagram
Stories of Redemption
Servant Leader Program Overview
His Mansion Servant Leader Program
But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many. Matthew 20:26-28
Sacrificially and compassionately ministering to a community of hurting and broken men and women is the role of Servant Leader at His Mansion. In this 24/7 life-on-life environment, you may feel like you’ve been thrown into the fire. You’ll use all you’ve ever known and learned in living life and doing relationships. But very quickly you’ll come face to face with your own inadequacies, lack of wisdom, fears, selfishness, insecurities, and neediness. As you walk alongside men and women who are living out of debilitating emotional pain, you’ll have to dig into Christ and to pursue His love, His power, His strength in ways you’ve never needed before. And in leaning hard into Christ – day after day for 12 months while surrounded by loving, supportive community – not only will you bring the hope and healing of Christ to the broken, but you also will be transformed by the love of Christ yourself. Coming through your year of service, you will go away with your faith built up, having grown deeper in your intimate knowledge and personal experience of Christ and the power of God that raises the dead. You will go on your way better prepared for work, ministry, church, marriage, family. Whatever comes next, you will go with more of God.
Working with our residents, you will learn:
- To take initiative with boldness and courage
- To listen attentively to another’s perspective
- To die to self for the benefit of another
- To speak what is true in the face of fear
- To discipline self and others
- To love the unloved
Working in our environment, you will learn:
- To lead a group and communicate effectively with them
- To work with wisdom and patience toward others
- To live in personal and spiritual humility
- To organize activities and manage groups
- To develop true and lasting friendships
- To resolve conflict
- To use teamwork
We will stand with you
- As a team, you and your fellow Servant Leaders will stand together as you each face the daily joys and challenges that come your way.
- Our Christian Formation Leadership will facilitate and provide support, spiritual encouragement, and training in your role as well as in your personal transformation into Christlikeness.
- Servant Leader Group Processing will provide space for giving and receiving the love and help needed to thrive in a community-based environment.
- A Personal Mentor will meet with you weekly to encourage you in your work and life.
The Servant Leader program is for single Christians between the ages of 18 and 35 who desire to be in a community committed to the healing and restoration of hurting men and women. While enjoying our 316-acre campus, you will live life with the residents—in the dorms, on work crew, in classes, during meals, in times of worship, as well as in times of recreation. You will also participate in training and spiritual formation classes and groups created specifically to care for you and to equip you to serve in your role as a Servant Leader. The work will be very challenging, but many consider their year of service in this role to be among the most formative years of their lives.
For more detailed information, click on the links below:
To talk with us about becoming a Servant Leader, contact:
David has served with His Mansion since 2012, co-leading Servant Leader Formation (SLF), teaching Resident Phase 3 class, and supervising interns. About SLF David says, “I love being with and encouraging Servant Leaders in their hopes and fears as they deny themselves and serve our Residents.” His interests include connecting with people and the Lord through music and enjoying God’s creation through outdoor adventures.
Since 2013, Noelle has served at His Mansion as Counselor, Instructor, and Co-leader of Servant Leader Formation (SLF). What she loves about SLF is “hearing from and seeing the impact on the face of a Servant Leader the moment after a breakthrough happens in the life of a Resident whom they’ve been praying and fighting for.” Noelle’s passions include fighting and advocating for others, Israel/Palestine, traveling and experiencing different places, The Rocky Movies, and any books by Henri Nouwen or C.S. Lewis.